Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
As I've had some challenging conversations this past week, I've been reminded of my need for a Savior
 
I'm thankful for the communion table Jesus established
 
On Sunday, the church we attended celebrated communion
 
What a great reminder of God's provision of payment for my sins
 
I'm very grateful Jesus said, "Not my will, but your will." to the Father that night in the garden
 
and on a daily basis, I have that same choice to make--
 
submit to my heavenly Father, or choose my own will and way
 
I'm thankful He always stands ready to help
 
I'm thankful for the power of God's word
 
and I'm thankful He's been waking me up earlier in the morning to give me more time to spend with Him in His word
 
That is precious time
 
His word is living and active
 
It always accomplishes what God sends it out to do
 
It is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness
 
If I'm immersing myself in it, it will have an effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment