Thursday, March 19, 2020

Thankful Thursday


These are interesting times I live in!

fear seems to be on the rise

people suffering from panic over the unknown

I've heard such a variety of comments from frustration to anger, humor to despair

it reminds me of a story from the life of Jesus

He and His disciples are crossing over the sea of Galilee in a boat

being tired, Jesus is taking a nap on a cushion

and in swoops a nasty blow

waves begin breaking over the side of the boat

the wind howls, tossing them around like a feather

Does this wake up Jesus?

nope! He must have been a sleeper like me

and so, the disciples wake Him up with cries of confusion and hopelessness

"Master, don't you care that we're about to die here?"

Now you have to understand that Jesus had already told them they were going to the other side

but in the craziness of the moment, they've forgotten that

they just know things have gotten out of hand

and they panic

sound familiar?

Jesus' response is so cool

He gets up, tells the wind to stop making such a racket, and immediately the sea is calm

then He looks at the disciples and asks this startling question

"Where is your faith?"

and today, He still asks this same question

I'm so thankful I have a God who can calm the storm

I'm thankful He invites me to trust Him

I'm thankful God has promised to never leave me or forsake me

I don't have to ask Him where He is

I'm thankful I know He is right here with me every step of the way

Unknowns?  Sure, there are any number of them

but I'm thankful nothing is unknown to my God

thankful He uses all circumstances to draw people toward Himself

I'm thankful all God's works are done in faithfulness

as circumstances and situations change all around me, He remains the same; yesterday, today, and forever

I'm thankful my life is secure in Him

I live in a broken and sin filled world

but Jesus came to heal the brokenness and bring forgiveness for sins

I'm thankful His lovingkindness is over all the earth

thankful God offers life; full and abundant life, to all who believe in the name of Jesus

where is your faith?

Mine is anchored to the Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment