Monday, February 27, 2012

A Beginning

It seems that transitions in life have a way of causing us to pause and reflect. I've been doing quite a bit of reflecting over the last year. It has been a time of learning and growth, a time of recognizing a need for change.

Now, transition has come in a big way. As I continue to reflect and look ahead, I thought it might be an opportunity to share what God is teaching me through a blog. And whether or not anyone reads it, at least writing out my thoughts will help to solidify them and keep me thinking about them.

You may be asking, "Why going though Samaria?" That's a great question. I have spent a lot of time meditating on John's account of Jesus' encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well in Sychar. One aspect that has always intrigued me is the statement, "And He had to pass through Samaria." Now all students of the bible know that physically Jesus would have had options, yet it says He had to go through Samaria. I believe in divine appointments. Jesus had one that day sitting by a well in a country most of His countrymen would have avoided. You and I have them as well. The question is, "Am I willing to go where the appointment may be?" I know in my own life there have been times when I've resisted certain paths. I want to be done with that. I want to be willing to pass through Samaria.

More next time!

1 comment: