Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thankful Thursday

 
 
As I pause and reflect on this past week
 
I'm thankful for God's sustaining grace
 
I'm grateful He invites me to stand firm in His strength
 
I've faced some of the enemy's schemes this week
 
but thankfully, came through them victoriously
 
I guess I shouldn't be surprised when temptations arise
 
after all, satan does lurk around seeking to devour whomever he can
 
But as Scripture says, "Greater is He who is in [me] than he who is in the world."
 
I'm very thankful for that
 
I'm thankful the good news of the gospel is for everyone, not just the people of Israel
 
thankful that in His mercy, God chooses to pour out His grace on all who believe
 
as I've dealt with the temptations this week, I'm thankful I've been able to communicate with my wife about what is going on
 
and I'm grateful beyond words for the way she supports and encourages me
 
She is my perfect gift from God, an expression of His favor in my life
 
I'm thankful for the answers to prayer I've been experiencing recently
 
I know God is always listening and responding to prayer, but it is very encouraging when I'm able to see specific answers to specific prayers
 
and it gives me courage to continue to seek God's face for my every need
 
as I've spent some time in the Psalms this week, I've been encouraged to just take time to be still and wait for God
 
I'm thankful His timing is always perfect
 
It's not always the timing I was looking for, but He does know best and I've learned I can trust Him
 
I'm thankful for His ongoing faithfulness in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment