Thursday, June 18, 2020

Thankful Thursday


The steps of a man are established by the Lord;
And He delights in his way.
When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong;
Because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
Ps. 37:23,24

I am so grateful that God holds my hand

I can stand today, clothed in the righteousness of Jesus, only by His grace

there is no merit of my own; nothing in myself of which to boast

but I am thankful God has reached out to me in my brokenness

thankful He offers me life when I deserved death

thankful He has exchanged my turmoil for His peace

thankful He has replaced my weakness with His strength

thankful He has turned my mourning into joy

thankful He has given me a garment of praise where once I was clothed with a spirit of heaviness

I am thankful He has made me His servant

thankful for the opportunities He gives to reach out to others in need

thankful for the doors He opens to allow me to minister 

thankful He invites me to be His ambassador, representing Him in a world that desperately needs a Savior

I'm thankful He has gifted me with skills I can use to bless those around me

I'm thankful He is a shield about me as I go forth in His name

I'm thankful He knows the road ahead and promises to walk it with me, to never leave me or forsake me

I'm thankful He has poured out His favor on me in allowing me to find a wife

thankful He has heaped blessing on me in allowing me to be a father

I'm thankful He has taken my feeble efforts as a husband and father and covered my family with His grace

I'm thankful for air to breath, beauty to behold, scents to take in, the song of the birds to enjoy, food to taste

thankful He has created me with senses that allow me to experience life 

I'm thankful for time; it truly is a gift

thankful He gives wisdom and discernment in how to invest that gift and be a good steward of all He has given me

I'm thankful for love

the love of a Father for His son that prompts Him to search for me, offer me forgiveness and mercy, stand beside me and teach me, and encourage me to find my way home

No comments:

Post a Comment