Thursday, October 14, 2021

Thankful Thursday


so it has been a while since I took the time to put my thoughts on thankfulness in writing

I make it a habit to express thanks to God whenever I talk with Him

but I know this focused time is beneficial

there's just times when life interrupts and I get distracted 

but James tells us that the one who knows to do good and doesn't do it is sinning

I want to avoid sin!

what am I thankful for?

God has been faithful in spite of my inconsistency 

God's mercies are new every morning

just this evening in a conversation with my wife, in a bit of frustration, she said, "Lord have mercy on me!" and I reminded her that He does, every day, His mercies are new every morning

God's timing is perfect

He knows what I need and when I need it

He is a generous supplier 

God is wise and when asked, gives me doses of wisdom out of His storehouse

God is my strength and my song

He is my Deliverer, my Redeemer

God uses my circumstances to remind me of my need of Him and assure me He is always present

God surrounds me with friends who encourage and support me

Life isn't always pretty, nor is it easy

But God gives grace in abundance

God has blessed me with family; a loving wife, children, and now a couple of grandsons

He has given me so many wonderful gifts, too numerous to count

I'm grateful for all of these things

and thankful for a God who involves Himself in my life

He is the God who is near and not far off


No comments:

Post a Comment