Thursday, January 20, 2022

Thankful Thursday


life is an adventure

that's what I like to say

and typically I enjoy adventure 

the thrill of experiencing new things is usually exciting

sometimes though the adventure becomes a bit overwhelming

I'm thankful I don't walk this road of life alone

I'm grateful God is always present

I may not see Him with my physical eyes, but the evidence of His presence is undeniable

I saw His artistic hand in the sunset this evening

and a few times recently He rescued me from injuries that could have resulted from my carelessness

God reveals Himself in answered prayers

He is a generous provider

I see Him in the faces of friends He has given me who journey with me through life

I'm very thankful God's ears are always open to my cries

thankful He is intimately acquainted with all my ways

whether I'm sitting or standing

walking aimlessly or sprinting full speed ahead

God is there

I'm thankful He directs my path

grateful for His influence on my thought processes

I'm thankful God has all my days numbered

there's nothing that catches Him by surprise

I'm thankful God is all knowing, all powerful, all loving

thankful He is a rescuer of sinners

I'm thankful God has overcome death and the grave

thankful He sent Jesus as the sacrificial Lamb who takes away the sin of all who believe

Scripture tells me that God is not willing that any should perish, but that all would come to repentance

so thankful for God's amazing grace that saved this wretched sinner

No comments:

Post a Comment