Monday, April 2, 2012

accountability

Okay, they say confession is good for the soul. Last Monday I was talking about how God has been challenging me in the area of being controlled by Christ's love, and the need to die to our rights. I guess God wanted to see if I was serious or not. He put me to the test on Monday afternoon. I walked outside to see my neighbor engaged in a not so neighborly activity. Let's just say that I felt like my rights were being violated. Well all that good stuff I had written about in the morning had somehow leaked out of my brain, and my response was not an evidence of Christ's controlling love. Although I didn't say anything to him, I did make some unloving comments to my wife. All of that to say that I am very grateful that God is patient, His forgiveness is always available to us, and once He has begun this work of reconciliation in our lives He promises to complete it. (Phil. 1:6) I guess we all need to be praying for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment