Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thankful Thursday

 
 
As I sit on my couch in my warm house with my family this evening, and consider some recent conversations, I realize how much I have to be thankful for.  I just heard today about a couple who have chosen to call it quits after 37 years of marriage.  How grateful I am for my wife of 31 years (as of December 29) and the life God has blessed us with.  I know one of the keys to the success of our relationship is the time we spend praying with and for each other.  I'm thankful for the avenue of communication God has provided for us and for the power available to us when we pray.  The same power that raised Christ Jesus from the dead works in me, bringing new life and transformation.
 
I'm also thankful this evening for:
 
my job
 
new grass
 
my servant hearted son
 
music
 
God's peace that guards my heart and mind
 
freedom
 
friends
 
God's word
 
love that sent Christ to the cross
 
Grace 

No comments:

Post a Comment