Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I have so much to be grateful for.  When I take the time to stop and consider the direction my life was headed, the chains that bound me to sin, and the hopelessness I woke to every day, I marvel at the grace God has shown me.  The bible is very clear: all have sinned.  And because of that sin, I deserved death.  But God "made Him who knew no sin to be sin on [my] behalf, that [I] might become the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Cor. 5:21
 
I thank God that though I once lived in the darkness and depravity of sin, He rescued me and adopted me into His family.  He sent His Son to redeem me!  And to give me new life.
 
As we celebrate Christmas this year, I want to meditate on the incredible gift God gave.
 
So thankful that JESUS is:
 
Wonderful Counselor
 
Mighty God
 
Prince of Peace
 
Eternal Father
 
King of kings
 
Lord of lords
 
Alpha and Omega
 
Sacrificial Lamb
 
Author of Salvation
 
Resting in His grace tonight.  Rejoicing in His goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment