Thursday, December 14, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
Been reading through the Psalms recently
 
they remind me that I share similar struggles with others
 
I easily begin to feel alone at times, wondering why I find it so hard to live victoriously when others seem to have their act together so much more
 
I know satan uses this tactic to isolate not only me, but other brothers as well
 
This morning as I read through Psalm 68, I was encouraged by verse 20
 
"God is to us a God of deliverances;"
 
That's why Jesus came, 
 
He became the sacrificial Lamb to deliver me from the power and penalty of sin
 
In this advent season, I thank God for
 
His unfailing love
 
His extreme sacrifice
 
His grace and mercy
 
His Son, my Savior
 
a baby born 2,ooo years ago who was fully God and fully human
 
the cross
 
the empty tomb
 
delivering me out of darkness into His glorious light
 
His patience with me
 
His calling on my life
 
His power
 
His glory
 
a warm and cozy house on a cold winter day
 
good food to eat
 
music
 
daily reminders of His presence

No comments:

Post a Comment