Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
In case you haven't noticed, Christmas is coming
 
It seems like everybody wants to know what I want for Christmas
 
My kids are asking for gift ideas
 
But I've already been given the greatest gift
 
My Savior left His home in glory, came as a baby, lived among men for 33 years or so, died on a cross, and rose again
 
Now that's a gift worth receiving
 
And I'm so thankful I've been a recipient
 
As Jesus put it in John 11,
 
"Father, I thank You that You hear Me.  And I knew that You hear Me always, but because of the people standing around I said it, that they may believe that You did send Me."
 
He understood that a grateful heart bears witness
 
It has the ability to move others toward belief
 
I have so much to be thankful for
 
I don't need any gifts, no fancifully wrapped presents
 
I just want those around me to believe that God sent His Son for them
 
For me, Christmas is about sharing the gift that's already been given
 
And as I reflect on that gift, I realize that I have no reason not to have an attitude of gratitude
 
So tonight I'm thankful for
 
a loving and loyal wife
 
early morning phone calls from my daughter
 
text pictures from my son letting me know his latest project status
 
Skype calls with my daughter and son-in-law (missed you this evening, Carl!)
 
friends who let me know they pray for me
 
songs that allow me to express my joy
 
God's word that is living and active
 
a job that I can enjoy going to each day
 
Opportunities to serve
 
a God whose ears are always open to my cries
 
Answered prayers
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment