Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
For the past 3 weeks or so, I have been studying intensely and preparing for an examination for certification as a code enforcement building inspector
 
The code book that I needed to familiarize myself with is about 3" thick
 
The examination is open book, but it is a timed exam, so knowing where to look for answers is essential
 
On Tuesday morning, I took the exam.  As I started reading the questions, I realized that my preparation had been somewhat misdirected
 
I became a bit more nervous than I already had been, but continued to ask God for peace and persistence.

As I reached the end of the questions, I hit the link for ending the test with a bit of trepidation.

I was guided out of the room by the proctor, who told me that I would be given a printout at the front desk.

I am very thankful to say that when I turned over the sheet of paper that was handed to me, it said that I had passed!

I'm thankful for the support of my family and friends, who encouraged me along the way.

This is a first step in moving toward a possible transition from actually doing the physical work of construction to evaluating the work of others to insure that quality is maintained.

I'm thankful for the endurance God provided in preparing, and for the wisdom He supplied in the midst of my nervousness.  It had been nearly 30 years since I took a test like that!

I've been working on a challenging project this week as well.  Trying to restore an old barn that has been compromised in many ways.  I'm thankful for God's provision of work and His hand of safety in that work.

I'm learning to trust God.  His ways are always good.  He is faithful and true.  Even when the way is unclear, He knows the path ahead and continues to guide.

I'm so thankful that I can put my trust in Him without any reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment