Thursday, February 1, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
It's been an interesting few weeks
 
I'm thankful for friends; I've been getting lots of calls with job suggestions
 
I am grateful for the love expressed in those calls
 
As I've talked with a number of people about my job situation, the one thing I've asked people to pray about is that God's direction would be clear
 
I have seen Him answer that request in a couple situations. 
 
I've had two interviews, and in both cases, there were things that came up in the interview that provided me with information which indicated these were not the job for me
 
I'm also thankful for the ways God has shown His faithfulness as a provider during this month.  One of those is work I have been able to pick up.  This is a blessing on a couple fronts.  One thing is that it gives me something to do to keep busy.  And it also supplies some income for meeting our financial obligations.
 
I've been spending time in the Psalms recently.  They give me lots of examples of honest expression, whether joy, sorrow, disappointment, frustration, or praise.  I know that God is an emotional being, and He has created us in His image as beings with emotions.  He doesn't want me to hide those emotions, or try to deny them.  He knows me completely anyway. 
 
I'm thankful  I can come to Him in whatever state I am and know that He is waiting with open arms ready to reveal more of Himself.
 
I'm so grateful He has a plan and purpose He wants to fulfill in me.
 
He is for me.
 
He invites me to let go of fear and trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment