Thursday, October 4, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
This I recall to my mind.
Therefore I have hope.
The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I have hope in Him."
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:21-26
 
Wow, it's been almost a month since I posted on here.
 
A lot has happened in the past 3 weeks!
 
We said our final goodbyes to our dear friend and neighbor, Mrs. Brown
 
She passed into eternity on September 15
 
The passage above are the verses I was asked to read at her funeral
 
I'm thankful for that opportunity to proclaim these truths
 
thankful my God is faithful, loving and compassionate
 
thankful He is my portion
 
On September 17, I got word that my uncle passed away.
 
He had been diagnosed with lymphoma the middle of July
 
I'm thankful I was able to travel to New York City to attend his farewell service on the 22
 
I'm thankful for the many people who shared about the impact he had in their lives
 
He was a man who valued people and relationships
 
and it was clear that he loved connecting people with the God he served
 
My son, Adam, has been relocated to North Carolina to help with relief efforts in the wake of hurricane Florence
 
I'm thankful we had the opportunity to go and serve alongside him and other ReachGlobal staff last week
 
We drove down on Wednesday, worked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and drove home on Sunday
 
I'm thankful for the people we were able to help
 
grateful for new relationships we were able to build
 
thankful for hard work
 
thankful for relaxing evenings shared with Adam and others
 
thankful for Joe and Rachel and Mason, for their love for God and their heart for people
 
thankful for the chance to work with Braxton, a young man who lost almost everything in the storm, and yet was giving his time to serve others in his community
 
thankful for dry roads and clear skies on the days we were traveling
 
I'm thankful for the flexibility my company has which allowed me to go, on short notice
 
I'm thankful that God is using what was an awful thing for so many to draw people to Himself
 
I'm thankful for the hope found in Jesus
 
Thankful for opportunities to share that hope with others
 
I'm thankful God invites me to partner with Him in the  ministry of reconciliation
 


No comments:

Post a Comment