Thursday, October 18, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
What an exciting week!
 
On Tuesday morning, Hudson Luke Eldredge joined our family
 
I am so thankful for this gift from God
 
Thankful for a new handle--Paw Paw
 
I'm grateful for the many ways I have seen God answer prayer in regards to this new life
 
God is an amazing creator
 
We are fearfully and wonderfully made
 
I'm thankful He knows us intimately
 
Scripture tells us God knows each day of our lives even before we are born
 
He even has the hairs of our head numbered
 
I'm thankful the little details are important to Him
 
He knows our strengths and our weaknesses
 
I believe I tend to tip the scales more heavily on the weakness side!
 
As a loving Father, He is mindful that we are but dust which is quite fragile
 
I'm thankful for His continued patience with me
 
I'm thankful that God indwells me through His Holy Spirit, who is given to us as a pledge of our inheritance
 
I've been praying often lately that the fruit of the Spirit would be evident in my life
 
I want others to see the evidence of God at work in me
 
the weather has gotten cooler
 
my wife and I got to sit out back and enjoy a fire in our backyard recently
 
I'm thankful for the beauty we are able to enjoy here at our home
 
so often we get to look with wonder at the colorful artistry across the evening sky
 
I know this is just another gift from the Creator
 
I'm thankful God knows my greatest need is to be in relationship with Him, and grateful beyond words that He made a way for that to be possible.
 
Sin had separated me from that kind of relationship, but because of the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, my sins are forgiven, and the barrier has been eliminated
 
I'm thankful for forgiveness
 
thankful for the transforming process God is doing in my heart and mind
 
I'm thankful for God's faithful investment in my life
 
I'm thankful for grace and mercy, the cornerstones of salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment