Thursday, December 20, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I'm thankful for holidays
 
It's an opportunity for families to gather
 
I'm thankful to have most of my family here in our home again
 
and thankful my daughter, Abigail, will be arriving with her boyfriend soon as well
 
I'm thankful for meaningful and challenging conversations with my kids
 
thankful for the way they are processing life and examining issues
 
I'm thankful for the shared interest in woodworking I have with my son, Adam, and for time together in the shop
 
I'm thankful for bonding time with my grandson, Hudson.  We took a nap together this afternoon!
 
I'm thankful for music, and the chance to play and sing together as a family
 
I'm thankful for a warm and dry house.  It's been a rainy, dreary day, but inside there's been a lot of warmth, love, and laughter
 
I'm thankful for Jesus, the priceless gift we celebrate at Christmas
 
Thankful He humbled Himself to become a man and live among sinful people
 
Thankful He gave us an example of how we ought to live

Thankful He went to the cross, becoming the sacrificial Lamb in payment for my sin

Thankful He lives today, exalted on high, worshiped by the angels

Thankful for the hope that He has promised to return to take us to our eternal home

Thankful for grace, the means to my salvation

No comments:

Post a Comment