Thursday, December 27, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I recently finished up my study through the gospels which took most of 2018 and began reading through Acts
 
It has been interesting reading about the early church and to see how the disciples were affected by the resurrection and the coming of the Holy Spirit
 
they became bold in proclaiming truth and able to show compassion through the gifting of the Spirit
 
I'm thankful for the growth that came through the message of salvation
 
It allowed Christianity to spread throughout the inhabited world
 
I'm thankful God continues to pour out His Spirit on those who believe
 
I'm thankful God loves His bride, the church
 
I'm thankful for the message of redemption we have been given
 
I'm thankful God continues to bring reconciliation, and grateful He is a changer of hearts
 
As I near the end of another year, and reflect on what I've seen God do this past year, I'm very thankful for the ways He has brought change in my life--physically, spiritually, and emotionally
 
Never would have guessed at this time last year I would be where I am
 
But I'm grateful for the people He has brought across my path this year
 
I'm thankful for His gift of forgiveness, and the ways He has challenged me to be repentant and seek forgiveness as well as extend forgiveness to others
 
I'm praying for greater boldness in 2019
 
Christmas is a reminder of God's amazing gift to the world in sending His Son to be our Savior
 
I'm thankful God knows my need, and is not slow to respond to my needs.
 
I'm thankful for Jesus' life and ministry as He walked this earth.
 
Thankful for His promise that His followers would continue that work
 
I'm thankful for new opportunities He is opening up for me, and thankful for my wife who continues to be my cherished companion and ministry partner.
 
In 2 days, we will celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary.  By God's grace we have weathered life's storms together.  I'm thankful for the love that continues to grow in our relationship. 
 
I'm grateful for the joy He gives us in this journey.  Family is a major contributing factor to that joy.  And I'm thankful for the joyful moments we have shared as a family throughout the year, but especially in these last couple weeks as we celebrate Jesus together.
 
I'm thankful God's amazing grace knows no limits and His mercies are new every morning!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment