Thursday, March 7, 2019

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I've been spending quite a bit of time in Romans 5 and 6 recently
 
Meditating on the truths of these verses that are packed with promise
 
I'm thankful
 
 that faith justifies
that peace with God is possible
that God receives glory
for the growth that comes through trials
that my hope is in the One who never disappoints
that Christ died for helpless people like me
that He bore God's wrath so I don't have to
that God delights in reconciling sinners
that grace is a free and abundant gift
that Christ demonstrated obedience to the Father bringing life eternal
that I can now walk in newness of life
that sin and death are no longer my masters
that I can now be an instrument of righteousness in God's orchestra
that God is in the process of sanctifying me
 
This passage convicts me, but encourages me
 
It allows me to look into the mirror and see who I really am
 
while opening my eyes to who God is and how He is moving
 
I'm thankful that His word is living and active
 
and I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a student of His word


No comments:

Post a Comment