Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thankful Thursday

 
 
Contentment is a choice, and it is all about focus
 
What am I choosing to set my mind on?
 
How do I look at my life?
 
Am I grateful for where God has placed me; for the work He is doing in me and through me?
 
Every day, I am able to get out of bed, draw a breath, and greet others
 
I have a job that is challenging and enjoyable, and God gives me the energy and skills I need to perform that job
 
I have never had to leave my house naked or starved
 
every night I have a bed to sleep in (unless I fall asleep on the couch and don't make it to the bed!)
 
I have a wife who loves me and serves me in the most incredible ways
 
so, why would I not be thankful?
 
Oh, sure, I could list a few inconveniences that I ran into today
 
and tomorrow I may have to do some unpleasant task at work
 
But I choose to keep my mind dwelling on things that are true, right, honorable, lovely, excellent, and praiseworthy
 
and I know I'll never run out of those kinds of things to think about.
 
so there's no room for complaining, no room for pity parties, no room for discouragement
 
In every circumstance, I find much to be thankful for
 
and then on top of that,
 
I've been redeemed, chosen by the God of the universe, who created all things, to be His son, adopted into His family
 
I've been forgiven and shown mercy even when I deserved wrath
 
I've received grace in abundance
 
I have a source of wisdom; all I need to do is humble myself enough to ask
 
I've been promised guidance and direction
 
God invites me to come and cast my burdens before Him
 
He wants to give me rest and refreshment
 
I could go on and on
 
But I think you get the point, and I certainly have been reminded in these moments of how blessed I truly am
 
I thank my God for His goodness to me and know that He will faithfully continue to reveal Himself
 
I can lay down in peace and sleep, knowing He is always awake and alert and caring for me
 


No comments:

Post a Comment