Thursday, June 13, 2019

Thankful Thursday


We had a nice gentle rain overnight and during the morning

I'm thankful for water

it helps me get clean, satisfies thirst, causes things to grow, and aids in cooking

I'm thankful for Jesus, the Living Water

He cleanses me

He told the Samaritan woman and His disciples that He removes thirst

His abiding presence brings growth in my life

I'm thankful He provided the perfect sacrifice for sinners like me

the writer of Hebrews tells me He was tempted just like I am, but never gave in to temptation

I'm thankful God is the creator

He made man in His image out of the dust of the earth, gave him the breath of life, and man became a living soul

I'm thankful for the way my body processes breath

Oxygen enters the lungs, is somehow transferred to the blood stream and carried to all the different parts, enabling them to function properly

It's an amazing design

each morning, I thank God for waking me up and giving me life and breath

I'm thankful for work, and for the strength and energy God gives to perform the work He has provided

I'm thankful for the enjoyment I get from renovating houses

It's such fun to see the transformation taking place

I'm hopeful God takes pleasure in bringing transformation in my life and the lives of His other children

And one day, I'm going to be like Him, when I see Him as He truly is without the fogginess of this life's struggles

I'm thankful He is preparing a home for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment