Thursday, June 20, 2019

Thankful Thursday


Got to spend the evening with my wife and mom-in-law 

I'm thankful for the tender spirit God has placed within my wife

Her loving care for those around her is an inspiration

She is a true servant

Every day I thank God for the favor He has shown me in allowing Chris to be my lifelong companion

Getting behind the wheel of a vehicle has always been a two-sided coin for me

I do enjoy driving (although as I age, I like it less and less)

but I also struggle with attitude when driving

other drivers can get on my nerves

traffic jams bring out the worst in me

or maybe its the truckers who insist on driving in the left lane when they can't even go the speed limit!

But as I was driving to work this morning, and dealing with snarled traffic, I found myself thankful for the time to communicate with God

And I'm thankful He helped me to have a positive spirit and good attitude in spite of the delays

Yesterday, I got a text from my son with a theological question

He was getting peppered with questions, and was struggling to come up with answers

I was thankful he asked me to speak into that situation

I'm also thankful for the way God is stretching him and bringing growth in his life as he serves this summer at Camp David of the Ozarks

my God is amazing!

I'm thankful for His patience

thankful He continues to pour out mercy and grace in my life

thankful He invites me to communicate with Him through prayer, and promises He will respond when I do

thankful He speaks to me through His word


No comments:

Post a Comment