Thursday, July 4, 2019

Thankful Thursday


For Americans, today was Independence Day

For Christians, every day is dependence day

I've been set free by the blood of Christ and no longer fear the death penalty for my sins,

but walking in that freedom requires complete and continual dependence on God.

I stand in His strength; I can't lean on my own understanding

I'm thankful for freedom

thankful fear has no place in my life

I'm grateful God reveals the enemy's lies when I listen to Him

I'm thankful for time to spend with family today

I'm thankful for music

the sound of the birds singing in the morning is such a neat way to begin the day

and sitting down at the piano, playing and singing or just making up music as I go is refreshment for my soul.  Often prayer is a part of that process as well

I'm thankful God is a Father who communicates with me as His son

He often directs me in how to pray

I'm thankful for the many ways I see Him responding to my talks with Him on a daily basis

He is a God who is near and not far off

and I gratefully abide

No comments:

Post a Comment