Thursday, July 25, 2019

Thankful Thursday



"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life."

I've been doing some study in the book of 1 John recently

There seems to be a central theme of knowing in John's letter

The word know is used 40 times in this book of 104 verses!

In Proverbs we read, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."  9:10

I'm thankful God has chosen to reveal Himself to us

He does this in so many ways

all of creation shouts forth His praise

His glory is clearly seen in the beauty of the sunrise and sunset, and in the night sky filled with brilliant stars

He has given us His word, which describes Him in vivid details

and He gave us the God/man, His beloved Son, Jesus

I'm thankful He has opened my blind eyes to see Him

Thankful He called me out of darkness into His marvelous light

I'm thankful for friends who encourage me in my walk with God

thankful we are not called to be lone rangers, but to live in communion with God and with His people

I'm thankful for prayer

thankful God's Spirit guides me in how to pray

thankful Jesus is continually praying for me

and grateful He invites me to give my burdens to Him

When life hits hard, I know I can run into His embrace

























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment