Thursday, September 5, 2019

Thankful Thursday


I've been reading in Ecclesiastes recently

came across these verses in chapter 3 the other day:

"I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one's lifetime; moreover, that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor--it is the gift of God."

I am thankful God has gifted me with an ability to find enjoyment in my work

thankful He has allowed me to have a job that brings me pleasure

I know too many people who are just trying to make it through another week--living for the weekend

each day is an opportunity to see God's hand of provision and direction

I'm so thankful He reveals Himself

I'm thankful He is a God of joy and desires to impart His joy to me

my daughter and grandson arrived from Missouri today!

I'm so thankful I get to spend time with them for the next week

Thankful God has blessed me with children and a grandchild

It's so much fun watching Hudson explore his surroundings

but I must confess, it also makes me tired!  He has more energy than I do

I am thankful for health and strength

Thankful God is my strength and my song

most mornings one of the things I pray for is that God would put a song in my heart

I'm thankful He answers that prayer

having a focus of praise as I'm going through my day makes a lot of difference

and when I'm already focused on Him, asking Him for direction and wisdom when facing difficult circumstances is a natural outflow

I'm thankful for God's invitation to seek Him and talk with Him

thankful He tells us to ask for the things we desire

and thankful He describes Himself as a generous giver

I'm thankful for God's greatest gift; the gift of His Son and the relationship we can enjoy with Him because of Christ's willingness to go to the cross

I'm thankful for God's grace and mercy


No comments:

Post a Comment