Thursday, November 14, 2019

Thankful Thursday


as I visited the scrap yard last Saturday, I was asked by one of the guys what was new

my standard response to that question is, "There is nothing new under the sun."

He reminded me that God's compassions are new every morning

I'm thankful for that truth

and thankful for a friend's reminder

I'm thankful for the way God invests in my life through His word and through people

I'm also thankful for the opportunities He gives me to invest in the lives of others as His ambassador

there are many times when I don't feel worthy of that title

but He continues to open doors for me to walk through

My wife and I had a chance to sit down with a young couple on Saturday

they are struggling in their relationship

I'm thankful for the gifts God has given my wife, and the wisdom she imparts when she gets up the courage to speak

I'm thankful I get to partner with her in ministry

God has been displaying His artistic talent in the evening sky lately

I'm thankful for the wonderful westward view we have from our dining room and back yard

it's always a reminder of the verse that says, "The heavens declare the glory of God..."

I'm thankful for the splendor of His glory

This morning as I drove to work, I got to see that glory in the sunrise

what a way to start off the day!  Taking in the beauty He paints on the canvas of the sky

yesterday as I travelled home from work, I was held up in traffic for a while because of a 5 car collision along my route

I drive a lot of miles every day

I'm thankful for God's provision of safety over those many miles of road

thankful He keeps me alert and is a shield about me


No comments:

Post a Comment