Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thankful Thursday


God is sovereign

He is the giver and sustainer of life

every good thing comes from Him

God loves me with an everlasting love

He sent His only Son to die on a cross as payment for my sins

God's power raised Jesus from the dead

God is holy and righteous; He is perfect in all His ways

God is merciful and gracious; He is the God of all comfort

God knows me intimately 

He sees all my ways, knows my every thought, and hears my words even before I speak them

God is slow to anger and ready to forgive

God is the source of all truth

He is the author of salvation

I am so thankful for these truths

Thankful I can put my trust in the creator of the universe

knowing He brings blessing and calamity for the purpose of introducing people to Himself

I'm thankful God's name is a strong tower to which I can run for safety

Thankful I don't have to fear anything in this world

Thankful for the peace that comes from turning my worries and fears over to Him

I'm thankful that Jesus came to heal our brokenness

and thankful He sits at the right hand of the Father making intercession for me

I'm thankful for the signs of new life all around me:
grass getting green,
trees beginning to push leaves and flowers,
dandelions blooming,
birds singing cheerfully each morning,
daffodils

I'm thankful for the reminder these are that God brings newness of life to all who put their trust in Jesus

Life has slowed down drastically

but I'm thankful I can still sit down at the piano and sing praise to my God

I'm thankful for extra time to spend with my wife

and thankful God remains the same through all of the changes taking place


No comments:

Post a Comment