Thursday, March 5, 2020

Thankful Thursday


I enjoyed yet my million dollar view as I sat at my dining room table this evening

God's glory on display in the sunset

I'm thankful God is such an extravagant artist!

I was reminded of a sermon I listened to with my wife last evening

the speaker was describing the glorious splendor of the Himalayan landscape which shouts God's majesty

and yet there are so many who view that splendor day after day who have never heard the name of Jesus

he went on to talk about how creation does speak of God's glory, but it is our privilege as believers to proclaim the good news of the gospel

I'm thankful Jesus came to be the Supreme Sacrifice

thankful that even when I was dead in my sin, God reached out and brought me life

I'm thankful He offers forgiveness to all who believe in the name of Jesus

thankful I no longer need to fear God's wrath

I'm thankful the penalty for my sin has been paid when Jesus hung on the cross

I'm thankful God has chosen me to be His son, adopted me into His family, and sealed me with His Spirit

I'm thankful He now invites me to partner with Him in ministry

thankful He commissions me as His ambassador, His representative to a dying world

I'm thankful that as I view the sunset, I know the artist

thankful I can enjoy intimacy with Him

I'm thankful God has poured out mercy and grace in abundance in my life

thankful that just as the sky was alive with color this evening, Jesus is alive forever more

thankful He conquered sin and death

thankful He sits at the right hand of the Father, making intercession for me

I'm thankful God has loved me with an everlasting love

I pray that I will represent Him well as I continue to live out this life He has blessed me with

No comments:

Post a Comment