Thursday, April 30, 2020

Thankful Thursday


It's been a few weeks since I posted

I'm thankful to be back at work, having something to fill my day

at the same time, I wonder if I grew through the experience of being out of work for a month

Did I use that time profitably, or was it wasted?

I am thankful God provided opportunities to serve during that time

I am thankful for the way my wife and I were able to spend more time in prayer together

I am thankful for music, and time to sit at the piano and play and sing praise to my God

I even wrote a song during the shutdown from Ps. 103

the chorus goes like this:

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all He's done!

God has done great and mighty things

I'm thankful He is the creator

I'm thankful for the beauty He has placed all around me

Easter came and went during the lockdown

I'm thankful for the gift of eternal life in Jesus

thankful He gave Himself as a ransom for sinners like me

thankful He is the author and perfecter of my faith

I'm thankful that God has breathed life into this mound of dust

I was talking today with a friend about how God wants us to get to the point of recognizing we are nothing

Scripture tells me there is no one who does good, no one who is righteous

but I'm thankful Christ has clothed me in His righteousness

He covers me with His goodness

I'm thankful Jesus is my intercessor, sitting at the right hand of the Father, praying for me

what a glorious thought

I'm thankful God is a gracious and merciful Father

thankful He doesn't treat me as my sin deserves

I'm thankful He daily reminds me of His love and care

I'm thankful He wakes me up each morning, giving me life and breath

I'm thankful I am a recipient of His grace

No comments:

Post a Comment