Thursday, April 9, 2020

Thankful Thursday


I'm now into my third week of work stoppage because of covid-19 precautionary measures

It's a confusing time

some of my friends are still working while others of us have been told we can't

there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the differences

I'm a hands on kind of guy

I like to get things done, make an impact

but most of that has been taken from me in these last few weeks

social distancing is the new normal

limited travel is being encouraged

what does God have for me in all of this?

one thing I was thinking about today:

Christ endured much worse for me than anything I'm experiencing 

He gave up all of His glory in heaven to come and live as a pauper here on earth

He sacrificed His place of honor to hang in dishonor on a cross

He who never sinned was treated as a common criminal

tomorrow is known as Good Friday

a day when we remember the supreme sacrifice Jesus made

taking on God the Father's wrath, experiencing separation from Him as He paid the price for mankind's sin

I'm so thankful for Jesus--His life, death, and resurrection

I'm thankful for the record we have of His life in the four gospels

thankful for the exemplary life He lived

I'm thankful He calls Himself the Good Shepherd

thankful He is still calling His sheep, still leading me in the way I ought to go

I'm thankful for this time of year

a time when new growth is bursting forth all around me

I'm thankful for the reminder it is that just as Jesus burst forth from the tomb on the third day,

I now can experience newness of life

I'm thankful God is good and ready to forgive

thankful He does not treat me as my sin deserves

I'm thankful God is a loving Father who tenderly cares for His children

I'm thankful Jesus understands my weaknesses, that He faced the same temptations I face, yet without sin

I'm thankful for life and breath

thankful for a healthy body

thankful for my loving family

I'm thankful for good friends who encourage me and pray for me

I'm thankful I serve a risen Savior

I'm thankful He is still in the business of changing lives, softening hearts, and renewing minds


No comments:

Post a Comment