Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thankful Thursday


it's been a while since I've written my Thankful Thursday post

although I've been laid off for over a month, I've managed to keep fairly busy, and end up falling asleep on the couch most evenings

I'm thankful for the doors of opportunity God has been opening for me to serve others during this time of lay off

This week, I had the chance to help a friend from church do some wiring in his garage, help my prayer partner build a tennis wall and take down a bunch of trees, help another friend from church with some minor home repairs

I'm also thankful for the increased time I've been able to spend with my wife this past month

I love being with her, talking through decisions together, praying together, and going for walks together 

she is one of God's perfect gifts to me, and I'm very grateful for the 35+ years we've had to spend together

I've been working on some new songs, and enjoying time at the piano

I'm thankful for music and the ability to use it in praising my God

I'm thankful for God's holiness--that's the focus of the latest song I've written

I'm thankful He reveals Himself in so many ways

as I've been reading through the Psalms, I've been struck by God's magnificence described there

I'm thankful God is near and not far off

thankful He is a God who involves Himself in the lives of His children

thankful He is a loving and faithful Father

I'm thankful God tells me not to be fearful

as I look around me in these challenging times, and see the number of people who are ruled by fear, it's a reminder that God changes everything

I'm thankful for His transforming work in my life

thankful He lifted me out of darkness and despair to live in the light with hope 

I'm thankful God's plans are always good

He knows what is best for me, and promises to guide me in the path of righteousness

I'm so grateful I don't need to figure out the road ahead

He goes before me and behind me; He is all around me

thankful He is a shield about me; the lifter of my head

I'm thankful God is my provider; He gives generously without finding fault for my needs

How reassuring it is to know that God knows my needs even before I ask, and most of the time has already started the process of providing

I'm thankful God pours out His mercy and grace on me every day

and thankful He is working in my heart to show others the same grace I've received

No comments:

Post a Comment