Thursday, July 30, 2020

Thankful Thursday


after 6 1/2 weeks, I started back to work yesterday

I'm thankful for the time God gave me to invest in family and friends

but I'm also thankful to be back into a somewhat normal routine 

and I'm grateful for the work God has provided

last week we did some traveling, visiting my sister and her family and also our son

I'm thankful for family

thankful for conversations I had with my sister, her son, and my son

it's always good to catch up with family

I'm thankful for a vehicle that runs well and for safety as we drove 

whenever I get done with a trip like that, I'm reminded of God's promise to be a shield about me

we had the opportunity to do church online with our son, and heard an encouraging and challenging message on friendship

I'm thankful for the friends God has placed in my life

thankful for the impact they have had on me

and as we were reminded in the sermon that God is a friend who sticks closer than any other, I'm so grateful for the truth that Jesus is a friend of sinners

I'm thankful He came to offer Himself as a sacrifice for my sin

thankful I've been rescued out of darkness into His marvelous light

one of my friends made me a gift this past week; its a piece of wood with a cross burned into it and some read paint spattered around the cross.  When he gave it to me, he told me to put it in my van as a reminder that it's all about the cross.

I'm thankful for the cross; it's all I have to boast in

I'm thankful salvation is a gift, not something I had to earn

I got a rather crude text message today; it was a reminder that there are still many out there who are lost and in need of God's touch of grace

I'm thankful He gives me opportunities to be a conduit of His love and grace to those around me

thankful God invites me to partner with Him as His ambassador, spreading the message of reconciliation

the longer I live on this earth, the more I long for the day when I will finally be home

I'm thankful this is not my final destination, thankful for the hope I have in Jesus

so grateful there is a day coming when I will see Him face to face


No comments:

Post a Comment