Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thankful Thursday


For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.

These words from Psalm 86 are a precious reminder of God's heart for His people

I'm thankful for a God who is good, whose intentions for His people are always good

I'm thankful God is a forgiver of sin

thankful He does not keep a record of my failures

I'm thankful for a God who is overflowing with love for His people

and I'm thankful I am one of His people

thankful He has chosen me to be His son and adopted me into His family

I'm thankful for a God who listens when I call on Him

His ears are always open to my cries

It's been a week of seeing God respond as I have called on Him

I'm thankful for the opportunities to pray for others

thankful for the trust of friends who are in need

I want to be known as someone who it is safe to share struggles with

I know I can't do much to help alleviate the problems people face

but I can talk to the One who has all the answers and is available to listen and respond

just today, a couple of my friends reached out to me asking for prayer

what a privilege

I'm thankful God woke me up this morning, giving me life and breath for another day

every day is a gift

I choose whether I'm going to rejoice in the gift or complain that it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for

today I choose JOY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment