Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thankful Thursday

Life has been a little bit crazy lately

but I've been meditating on some truths from Isaiah

in chapter 14, the prophet tells us:

"the Lord of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it?"

certainly not me!

I can't control the circumstances around me or change what God has planned

what I can do is submit to His authority rather than fighting it

I can be thankful for His work in my life

even when it seems like most of what I am experiencing is hammer and chisel

I know that God is at work, molding and shaping me into His image

I'm thankful God's plans cannot be frustrated

thankful He is sovereign

I'm thankful God is powerful and able to accomplish whatever He chooses

I'm thankful I'm a part of His family; I've been adopted by Him

I'm thankful I am a recipient of His grace

thankful God mercifully forgives me

in chapter 33, the prophet gives this assurance:

"He(God) shall be the stability of your times, a wealth of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge;"

I don't know about you, but I am so thankful God is my security

thankful for the stability He brings in my life

I'm thankful God knows the number of my days, thankful my times are in His hands

I'm thankful God is wealthy and generous

He gives freely of His salvation, wisdom, and knowledge

I just have to acknowledge my need and ask

I'm thankful God doesn't look at me with reproach

even though I often stumble along and at times lose sight of the path

God continues to guide, never leaves my side, is a shelter in which I can hide

and I'm thankful I can place my trust in Him without any fear

knowing even when I'm faithless, He remains faithful

I'm thankful faithfulness is so much a part of His character that He can never depart from it

I'm thankful I can lay down and sleep in peace knowing God is with me 

No comments:

Post a Comment