Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thankful Thursday


it's Thanksgiving!

I wonder how many spent the day in an attitude of gratitude

I have a feeling that for many it's just a holiday that gets them a break from work

but for me every day is a gift, and therefore every day is a day of thanksgiving

it was a different kind of day for me

I didn't sleep very well last night, and woke up this morning feeling achy

so I've been lying low, drinking lots of fluids, and trying to recover

but it's given me an opportunity to consider all I have to be thankful for

I'm thankful for mercy, grateful God doesn't give me what I deserve

I'm thankful for God's faithfulness 

He is a generous provider

I'm thankful for family

thankful God has blessed me with a loving wife who supports and encourages me daily

thankful for kids and grandkids

thankful that although our kids are scattered across the country, we can stay in touch through technology

I'm thankful for my job

grateful for the opportunity it gives me to use my gifts in taking houses from a state of disrepair to a place someone would want to live in

I'm thankful for my new coworker, a man who loves Jesus

thankful for the conversations we've been able to have about the Lord

I'm thankful God is my strength and my song

thankful for salvation through the blood of the Lamb

I'm thankful for God's peace that guards my heart and mind

I'm thankful for His joy

the author of Proverbs says that a joyful heart is good medicine

so I should be feeling better soon

my heart is filled with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment