Thursday, December 16, 2021

Thankful Thursday


I'm thankful for God's continued guidance and protection

my wife, Chris, spent 2 weeks out in Missouri with our daughter and her family

while there, she tested positive for Covid and was dealing with a lot of fatigue

she really wanted to come home, but wasn't sure if she could handle the trip

as we prayed and sought God's direction, we decided that I would drive out and bring her home 

1,900 miles in three days

so thankful God gave me the energy and endurance to make that trip

and I'm thankful to have my wife back home

I'm thankful God answers prayer

thankful He responds when we call out to Him

and I'm thankful God invites us to come to Him with our prayers

I've been singing a lot recently on the job

one of the things I've been praying about is thanking God that He is my strength and my song, and asking Him to give me a song throughout the day

and He has been answering that prayer with more than one song

daily I'm reminded how dependent I am on God's strength

the physical toll I experience in my work is a constant reminder that God's strength is perfected in my weakness

I'm thankful His grace is sufficient for all the circumstances I face

my coworker has been reminding me lately that in the world we will have trouble, but he encourages me with the rest of that truth: that we can take courage because Christ has overcome the world

I'm thankful God is a God of victory

thankful that He causes us to triumph through Him

I'm thankful His mercies are new each morning

and thankful God is faithful in fulfilling His promises to me

I'm thankful for the wisdom that comes as I seek Him and live in fear of Him

God is holy and righteous, and yet He is also gracious and merciful

I'm thankful I have experienced His salvation

as we go through this advent season

I'm thankful Jesus came

thankful God is with me

thankful He continues to shine on me and show me His favor

No comments:

Post a Comment