Thursday, October 13, 2022

Thankful Thursday


As I reflect on the past couple of weeks

I'm thankful for the gift of music

I've been writing a new song based on my standing in Christ

Each time I write a song, I'm reminded of the verse in Psalms that says God has put a new song in my mouth

I do feel like these songs are gifts from the Lord

He gives me the words and guides me in putting them to a melody

I'm thankful for life

I know that each day is a gift

there are no guarantees about tomorrow

I want to live each day in a way that pleases my Lord and brings honor to Him

I'm thankful God is the One who directs my steps

thankful He illumines my path

I'm thankful for His word

it is a source of instruction, correction, and encouragement 

I'e been praying often that God's word would dwell in me richly

One of the reasons most of my songs are putting Scripture to music is because of my desire to have God's word on my lips

and I find myself singing those songs as I go through my day

I'm thankful for God's presence

His promise is that He will never leave me or forsake me

I'm thankful I am His beloved son

thankful I am a part of God's family

thankful He is my heavenly Father

I'm thankful for my family

as I was praying with a friend this afternoon

I was thanking God for the favor and blessing He has poured out in my life in giving me a loving wife and for children and grandchildren

I'm thankful for opportunities to connect with my kids even though they are scattered around the country

I'm also thankful for an opportunity to have a long weekend with my wife

I'm thankful for each moment I get to spend with her

she is my favorite person

I'm thankful God brought our paths together 

No comments:

Post a Comment