Monday, March 19, 2012

imitators

Ever noticed how the things God asks us to do aren't random at all? Over and over in Scripture we are told something like, "do this because it is what I do." God doesn't give us instruction without providing an example of what it should look like. In Eph. 5, we are told in verse 1: "Therefore be imitators of God,". That's the bottom line for our lives as followers of Jesus. God desires to conform us to the image of His Son. 2 Cor. 3:18 puts it this way, "But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."

I'm reminded of the moon. I saw it setting the other morning; a huge orange ball. Beautiful doesn't do it justice. But the moon is just a dark mass of dirt. Its beauty is in its ability to reflect the sun. You and I are like that. We are told that God formed humans from the dust of the ground. Ps. 103:14 says that God, "is mindful that we are but dust." Our beauty comes from the transforming work of God's Spirit making us capable of reflecting His glory. I've been praying lately that my life would be beautiful because God is seen in me. Would you join me? Let's allow His light to shine on us and be reflectors of that light.

No comments:

Post a Comment