Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thankful Thursday


I spent the day at a leadership summit.  Sitting all day was a bit of a challenge for me, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow.  I went into the day asking God to give me a humble heart and a teachable spirit so that I could hear what He wanted me to.  I was reflecting on Phil. 2 to start my day.  I have so much to be thankful for:

I'm an adopted child of the King of kings

I have a wonderful Savior who has exemplified humility 

I'm surrounded by brothers and sisters who love me warts and all

New friends

God's word--TRUTH

laughter

conversations around the backyard fire pit

safety--the unseen warriors who shield me from dangers I'm not even aware of

God's miraculous power

rest and renewal 

Grace


I could go on, but my time is up.  I hope you will join me in reflecting and rejoicing and expressing gratitude to the One who is deserving of all praise

And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.  Rev. 19:11

No comments:

Post a Comment