Thursday, July 27, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
It's Thursday evening
 
Time for a pause to consider the blessings I've experienced recently
 
I am thankful for:
 
God's faithfulness
 
Good books that challenge my thinking
 
Difficult times that drive me to my knees
 
Tears of joy
 
My loving and supportive wife who knows how to encourage right responses in me
 
a God who hears and responds when we call on Him
 
music that lifts me spirits by pointing me toward God
 
phone calls and Skype calls with my kids
 
God's word and the way He speaks to me through it
 
fresh produce from our tiny vegetable patch
 
God's invitation to come to Him when we are weary
 
God's Spirit who indwells us
 
beautiful sunsets
 
times of refreshment in my Adirondack chair
 
God's protection-- seen a lot of accidents or near misses lately--grateful I haven't been involved
 
God's mercies that are new every morning
 
friends who reach out across the country with words of encouragement
 
grace and truth


No comments:

Post a Comment