Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
It has been an interesting week
 
I am very thankful that God has brought healing to my body
 
I've been doing demolition the last four days--can't imagine trying to do that a month ago
 
But my aches and pains are gone and my energy level is back to normal
 
On Sunday, my wife told me she was glad to hear me singing again
 
She went on to say that there had been a period of time where I played the piano, but didn't sing.  She asked if I was aware of that.  I hadn't really thought about it, but looking back I can see she is right.  I've been asking God to put a song in my heart.  I'm thankful He is a God who responds when we call out to Him.  Thankful for the songs He gives me
 
Yesterday we moved Chris' parents into their new apartment at a retirement community.  I'm thankful that went fairly smoothly. I'm grateful God provided a place for them to live, and thankful that He goes with them and will continue to guide them.
 
Tomorrow my son Adam comes home!  Haven't seen him since June 2nd.  I'm thankful for the experiences God has allowed him to have this summer.  Grateful that He is bringing Adam back.
 
My two brothers-in-law will be arriving late tomorrow evening.  Thankful for family, for the bond we share both physically and spiritually.  Grateful for time when God allows our paths to intersect

One of the songs I've been singing a lot lately has the line, "Who can save us from our sins?"  I am very thankful for Jesus, His sacrificial death on the cross, bearing the penalty for my sin, His triumphant victory over death, and His role as my intercessor at the right hand of the Father

And I am thankful that one day soon I will be with Him in glory, lifting up continual praise to Him for all eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment