Thursday, September 7, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
"And though the storms may come, I am holding on, to the Rock I cling..."
 
I have much to be thankful for

Especially that I have a God who is my Rock, who does not change

He is the same yesterday and today and forever

the storms will come...that's one thing you can count on

But I'm grateful that God does not abandon me in the storms

He reaches out with His strong arm and wraps me in His comforting embrace

There has been a lot of transition and change for me over the last few weeks

So thankful I am anchored to the Rock

So thankful He hears the cry of His children

So thankful He promises to respond when we call out to Him

Thankful for my family...for our time together on Skype Monday evening

Thankful for my wife who has walked beside me now for 32 years, 8 months, 9 days

She has been a faithful companion...can't imagine life without her

Thankful for songs that speak of God's goodness

Thankful for a roof over my head

As I see the reports out of TX and the developing hurricane in the Caribbean, and as I watched a violent wind storm rip through our neighborhood the other evening, I am grateful for shelter

Thankful that my son made it safely to TX and that he has the opportunity to serve those facing devastating life change over the next weeks, month, and maybe even years

Thankful for new jobs God has been providing

Thankful for His amazing grace

No comments:

Post a Comment