Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I don't know about you, but having a thankful heart can take quite a bit of effort at times
 
It does serve as a catalyst for right perspective though when I persevere in reminding myself of all I have to rejoice about
 
If I take the time to observe, I see God's hand of mercy and grace in so many ways
 
the gorgeous sunsets recently remind me that He still rules over the universe; I'm thankful the earth is still spinning
 
The fact that I got up out of bed this morning points me toward God's creative genius; thankful for body parts that move and function properly
 
Each day this week I've been able to go to work; it reminds me that God provides--so thankful
 
My son received a truck this week, donated to him to use as he serves the people of Texas.  We're calling it God's truck.  I thank God for His generosity and for the way he moves in peoples' hearts
 
I come home to a wonderful wife each day.  She is an expression of God's favor in my life for which I thank Him continually
 
I often stumble and get waylaid by sinful thoughts and actions.  God offers me forgiveness and His strong hand to pick me up and set me back on the right path.  I thank Him for His patience and persistence with me

No comments:

Post a Comment