Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
It's been a painful evening
 
I was working in my shop and had a spring come loose
 
Not sure exactly what happened, but received blunt trauma to my right eye
 
after a short period of intense pain, I opened my eye only to realize I couldn't see anything
 
I have much to be thankful for
 
Many praying family and friends
 
my eye doctor had office hours this evening and was able to fit me in
 
There is no visible tearing of the retina
 
I was able to get medicine to help start the healing process
 
my wife is a great nurse (and she didn't give me a hard time for doing something stupid!)
 
I've often said that no matter how bad my circumstances may seem, there is always something for which to be thankful.  This is a fine example of that truth
 
As I sat in the doctor's office waiting for the dilation drops to do their work, I began reciting Ps. 121
 
Thankful that I know where my help comes from
 
Thankful God is the creator of heaven and earth
 
Thankful God never slumbers or sleeps
 
Thankful He is my protector, my shield and the guardian of my way
 
I may not always understand His ways, but I know that He is good
 
I know that He holds me in His hand and there is nothing that can separate me from His love
 
So grateful for God's abiding presence, for His Spirit who indwells me and reassures me that I am His child
 
One of these days, I'm going to see Him face to face and worship in His presence forever
 
So thankful for that hope! 
 
 

1 comment: