Thursday, October 26, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
Had an opportunity to visit my mom last weekend
 
While we were there, we helped with some projects around her home
 
I'm thankful for the skills God has allowed me to develop and the chance to use them to assist others
 
Three of my siblings live within an hour and a half of my mom
 
Thankful that I was able to see them and their families
 
Thankful for the way we all worked together to help out
 
Thankful for time to just enjoy being together and catch up
 
Had some good conversation with one of my nephews
 
He asked me about my eye and during our talk he questioned what I was learning through this experience
 
I told him it has been a reminder of my inadequacy.  When things roll along and all cylinders are firing, I have a tendency to think I'm in control.  That's part of the deception.
 
So thankful for God's reminders about who really holds the reins
 
Thankful for His patience with me when I'm slow to learn
 
Thankful God is redemptive and forgiving
 
Thankful He hears when I call out to Him and responds
 
I've been spending money on airfare lately, putting plans in place to be together with my kids around Christmas
 
Thankful I have that time to look forward to
 
Thankful for God's blessing in allowing me to be a father
 
Thankful for my wife, the mother of our children, and my cherished companion for almost 33 years.  She is the expression of God's favor in my life
 
Thankful for Jesus, His life, His sacrificial death, His resurrection
 
Thankful He came to seek and save the lost

No comments:

Post a Comment