Thursday, November 2, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
For the Lord gives wisdom;
from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
guarding the paths of justice,
and He preserves the way of His godly ones.
Prov. 2:6-8
 
I read these verses this morning
 
I'm thankful that I know the source of wisdom
 
and I know that He speaks words of knowledge and understanding
 
In John 10 Jesus said that His sheep hear and recognize His voice
 
So often I struggle with hearing
 
Like right now, my ears are ringing loudly
 
It's annoying and tends to affect my ability to hear other things
 
In the same way, there's so much noise, so many voices offering advice, and promoting some form of truth or wisdom
 
but they can be distracting me from the truth that God wants me to hear
 
I'm thankful God continues to patiently speak
 
I'm thankful He gives me His Spirit to guide and remind
 
There have been times lately when I wondered if I've become numb to His voice
 
Thankful Jesus' blood covers my sin
 
Thankful power lies not in my efforts but in His shed blood
 
Thankful God preserves and protects
 
Thankful for His unfailing love and His faithful fathering
 
Thankful that He calls me to a life of integrity, a life filled with promise
 
Thankful for the hope that one day Jesus will return to take me to my eternal home
 
Thankful that God's mercies are new every morning
 
It gives me confidence to face tomorrow
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment