Thursday, April 19, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I had a call from my daughter last evening as I was eating supper.
 
She was beginning to worry about her husband
 
He hadn't responded to her text messages or answered his phone
 
She asked if I would pray for her which I was happy to do
 
One of the things I prayed was that Carl would get in touch with her soon
 
After I prayed, we talked for a bit and then she said, "Carl is calling."
 
I'm so thankful for God's promise that when we call, He responds in ways we can't even imagine
 
Thankful for that demonstration of His faithfulness
 
Thankful that His word is true, and His promises are sure.
 
I've been given the privilege of mentoring a young man in our church
 
As we met last evening, he asked me why I wanted to be a mentor
 
I shared with him that I was partly motivated by selfish reasons
 
I have found that when I teach or mentor, God uses those opportunities to bring growth in my life
 
and I often feel like I get more out of it than the ones I'm teaching or mentoring.
 
I'm thankful God invites me to be a part of His plan for reconciling people to Himself
 
Thankful for His patience with me
 
Thankful that He is powerful and able to bring transformation in my life
 
I'm thankful that He continues to encourage me toward growth
 
and I'm thankful for the people God brings into my life to help push me along the path of growth
 
I'm thankful that God is light; there is no darkness in Him
 
He is the living water
 
He is the bread of life
 
I'm thankful I have tasted of His goodness
 
and continue to see revelations of Him as I walk through this life
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment