Thursday, April 5, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I've been thinking about Jesus' words in Matthew 12 a lot this past week
 
He gives a strong warning about the responsibility I bear for the things I say
 
and goes so far as to say that my speech will either justify or condemn me!
 
That's heavy
 
But it has made me more aware of what I am saying
 
I had shared a situation I was struggling with recently with my wife, and I knew that I would be back in that setting today.  I asked her to pray for me that I would be obedient with my tongue.
 
I'm thankful for a God who hears and responds when we call out to Him
 
I'm thankful that He is gracious and patient with me
 
I'm thankful for His provision of victory when I rely on Him
 
There are many times when I fail to recognize my own inadequacy and try to go in my own strength
 
But I've learned how true Jesus' words are when He told His followers, "Without Me you can do nothing"
 
I'm thankful for His presence, for His Spirit who indwells me and teaches me
 
I'm thankful for the power of God's word
 
I got to spend some time with one of my daughters and her husband this past week
 
I'm thankful for good conversations
 
I'm also thankful for the technology that allows me to keep in touch with all of my kids even though they are scattered far and wide
 
and I'm thankful that God is not limited to time and space like I am;  He is with each of us at all times.  He knows us completely, understands every detail of my life, and delights in bringing reconciliation through the blood of His Son
 
We celebrated the resurrection of Jesus from the dead this past Sunday.
 
I'm so thankful for a Savior who is alive
 
Thankful for the new life that I've found in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment