Thursday, June 14, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
"I am the good shepherd; and I know My own, and My own know Me."

so thankful for the truths found in these words

a shepherd protects his flock, leads them to the resources they need to live, spends time with them, and guides them

I have a God who is my shepherd

He protects me; I've seen it over and over again during the course of my life

truth be told, based on some of the foolish things I've done, I shouldn't be here and wouldn't be except for God's protection

throughout my life, I've also been aware of God's provision

I've never gone hungry

I've always had a roof over my head

There's never been a time when I didn't have clothes to wear (sometimes they were hand-me-downs that were a bit embarrassing, but I was clothed)

I've had work that allowed me to earn a living and provide for my family

even during the last 6 months without a full time job, God has supplied work I could do while looking for employment

God promises He will never leave me or forsake me

So often, I am blessed by the awareness that God is near

I can talk to Him at any time of the day or night

I can seek His help when I'm in difficult circumstances

when I lack wisdom, all I have to do is ask and He provides

God is my guide

as I seek direction from Him, He makes decisions very clear

How amazing that the Lord of all creation is willing to invest in my life

So thankful that He sent His Son to pay the price for my sin so that I could be one of His sheep

I'm grateful that He holds me in His hand and there is nothing that can pluck me away from Him, nothing that can separate me from His love

"Could we with ink the ocean fill,
and were the sky of parchment made,
were every stalk on earth a quill,
and every man a scribe by trade,
to write the love of God above
would drain the ocean dry,
nor could the scroll contain the whole
though stretched from sky to sky!" 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment