Thursday, May 31, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
It's Thursday evening, and as I reflect on the week, I have a heart that is filled with gratitude
 
On Monday, our nation celebrated Memorial Day
 
I am thankful for the many who have made sacrifices for the freedoms I enjoy
 
Even more importantly, I am very thankful for the sacrifice Jesus made in going to the cross so that I could experience spiritual freedom
 
Although it is wonderful to live in a country where freedom is commonplace, I know this world is not my final destination
 
And I won't be completely free until I stand one day before my Lord and hear Him welcoming me home
 
I'm grateful for the truth of John 3:16--"God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
 
I'm thankful for the mercy my heavenly Father has shown me; indeed His mercies are new every morning
 
I'm thankful for a God who delights in reconciling people to Himself
 
I'm thankful salvation is a free gift that is not dependent on my actions
 
I'm thankful God promises to complete this work of transformation He has begun in my life
 
Every morning when I wake up, I'm reminded of how desperately I need a Savior
 
And I rejoice in His goodness and faithfulness to me
 
I'm thankful for how abundantly God has blessed me
 
The wisest man who ever lived said that the man who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord.  I'm thankful for the expression of God's favor that my wife, Chris is in my life
 
Scripture also tells us that children are a blessing from the Lord.  And I'm thankful for the three children God gave us through birth and the son He's given us through marriage.
 
Tonight, my heart is filled with contentment and gratitude
 
And I know it's not because of any merit of my own, but rather because God has rescued me out of darkness into His glorious light
 


1 comment: